SRA takes great care to preserve your privacy and safeguard any personal details you provide to us, whether on this website or by another means. This Policy explains how we collect and use your information.
By using our website or providing us with your personal information you are agreeing to this Policy. We may update this Policy at any time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
Our Privacy Principles
You can be confident that:
- We only use personal information in the ways we need to and which are expected of us.
- We only use your personal information to contact you if you have previously told us that is OK.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt out of future communications - and we promise your request will be respected straight away.
- We will never release your information to organisations outside SRA for their marketing purposes.
- We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people or those we have reason to believe might be vulnerable.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes.
When will I need to provide my details?
We may collect personal information from you when you:
(a) Use any of our services, such as printing, catering or cleaning
(b) Are referred to SRA as a client
(c) Make a donation to us
(d) Contact us or become involved with us in another way, for example with our governance or as a volunteer.
What information do we collect?
If you referred, the personal information we collect from you includes your contact details such as name, address and telephone number, your date of birth, as well as some ‘special category data’ such as ethnic origin, sexuality and faith, this is for monitoring our equality and diversity. We will also ask for details of your mental and physical health, medication, education, employment, housing, family and social circumstances as well as any relevant history details. We also ask a health professional to give us information relevant to a personal risk assessment.
If you are making a payment we may collect your credit/debit card details, as well as the information you provide in any correspondence between us.
We also gather general information about the use of our website, such as which pages users visit most often. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on the links in SRA emails. We may use this information to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users.
There are 4 different companies that collect basic user information (such as: IP address, what browser viewers are using, how long their on the site for, etc.) through our website:
1. WIX websites (host our website)
3. Mailchimp (if you sign up to receive our newsletter)
4. Enthuse (if you donate to us)
These companies may transfer your data outside of the UK, including to the United States and other countries which may have different data protection rules from the UK. Transfers of data outside of the UK by these companies are made in compliance with their privacy notices (please see links to notices above) and relevant Data protection Laws, as confirmed in those privacy notices.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the important advice and support you’ve asked us for, whether this be over our Information lines, through our publications or other important services;
- Provide or administer activities relating to all our services: updating you with important administrative messages, to help us identify you when you contact us, and help us to properly maintain our records;
- Improve your experience with us. We may use your information to enhance the service that our staff provide, to improve our information and communications, or to personalise the website to better suit your needs;
- Provide you with information about our plans. This may be letting you know about new or enhanced services that we hope will be useful and interesting to you, and may include fundraising updates; of course, we will only do this either with your consent, where we need to fulfil a contract or service with you, or where we believe you will expect to be updated and contacted by us.
You can of course ask us at any time to change how we contact you, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority);
A special note about the Special Category personal data we hold
As detailed above we collect some Special Category data in our referral form.
We only use it for the purposes of dealing with your enquiry, training, and quality monitoring or evaluating the services we provide.
We will not pass on your details to anyone else without your express permission except in exceptional circumstances. Examples of this might include anyone reporting serious self-harm or posing a threat to others.
Your personal information and details of the enquiries received are stored on a secure database for no longer than is necessary for the purposes of its use. We carry out periodic deletion of data whose retention period has expired and/or when the need to continue holding such data is no longer necessary.
Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used by our staff and some trained volunteers so that they can support you; and possibly shared with legal and regulatory authorities if required to by law.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity. As mentioned above there are some entities who collect information from our website. Our IT provider Jaytag also have access to our data, they host our server and set up and maintain our IT systems, including email.
How do you keep my information secure?
We will take precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of personal information you give us. We may send communications to you by email. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication, and whilst we do our utmost to keep our systems and communications protected we cannot guarantee this.
We make no representations about any other websites, and when you access any other website through a link on our website (including social media sites) you should understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over that website or the way your personal information is collected through those websites.
Those websites may have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to look at those policies or contact the website operators directly to understand how your personal information is used.
What if I don't want you to use my details anymore?
If you ever change your mind about these choices, you can update your contact preferences at any time by calling us on 020 8766 6688 or emailing us at email@example.com. This helps us record the most up-to-date information for you.
You have the right to request copies of certain of your personal information within our custody and control, and details of how we use that information. If you think any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may also request it is corrected. You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require us to stop processing your personal information.
In relation to all of these rights, please contact us at the email below. In certain circumstances (for example where required or permitted by law) we might not be able to provide you with access to some of your personal information, but where appropriate we will notify you of the reasons for this.
Who we are
Here at SRA, we are committed to protecting your personal information and to reassure you that that you have control over the information we store about you and what types of information you would like to receive from us.
For further information about our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Lead by:
• Writing to CEO of SRA, 45 Knights Hill, West Norwood, London SE27 0HS
• Calling us on 020 8766 6688
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org